Thank you to everyone who attended our webinar on simple innovation with special guest Dan Ward. To earn your continuous learning credit, please take a moment to fill out this survey. It consists of four comprehension questions and three general questions about the content and quality of our webinar. We appreciate you taking a few minutes to complete it, as the data will help us continue to improve the content we offer through our learning channel.
We also mentioned the opportunity to earn a learning badge for completing the trimming exercise. We are in the process of developing and posting those materials, so please email Frank McNally (email@example.com) to get more information.
During the course of one hour, we covered quite a bit of content while sharing tips and tricks that project teams can apply today to improve project outcomes. Here were some of the highlights:
- We examined the characteristics of cheap winners & expensive losers by comparing successful examples (DoD’s condor cluster & NASA’s Stardust spaceship) to unsuccessful examples (the Death Star)
- We reviewed heuristics from Dan’s book that professionals can use to master their tradecraft
- Dan provided the case for why restraints and constraints compel creativity and lead to better project outcomes
- Frank shared tips and techniques to get ahead of the curve when it comes to developing contracts
- Dan provided context around his FIRE Prime Directive for project leaders
For those of you that were unable to attend, we’ll have a video of the webinar up on the learning channel in the coming days, so stay tuned! And if you would like to view or download the slides from today’s session, please use the buttons below.