Augmented and virtual reality products and services are a hot topic in the public sector. With applications ranging from training to simulations to data interaction, nearly all government organizations stand to benefit from extended reality solutions.
And the industry has definitely taken note, adding the buzzy language of AI and VR to websites and capability statements in hopes of catching interest during market scans and queries. So if you’re a buyer in one of these agencies, how do you separate the wheat from the chaff?
Public Spend Forum and GovShop are here to help! We’ve spent months curating suppliers with specific capabilities in extended reality, companies that really can deliver best-in-class products and services for your customer needs. We’ve also broken down three primary sectors to help you better understand what solutions comprise the extended reality marketplace, as you can see in our market maps.
With the marketplace for extended reality products and services changing every day, you can’t rely on old data or basic requests for information as your only market research tactics. You need to dig deeper to find suppliers with the latest and greatest capabilities if you really want to deliver value for your customers. But with all the daily demands on your plate, it’s just not realistic that you’ll find the time to do the research.
That’s where GovShop and Public Spend Forum come in! Our research team is dedicated to improving contract outcomes through more effective buyer/supplier relationships. Every day, they are doing the hard work of supplier research and analysis to improve the data in our free market research platform, GovShop.
When we see big trends in the market or upcoming contracting opportunities in virtual, augmented, and mixed reality we take it upon ourselves to support government buyers with a sector-specific breakdown of the suppliers who comprise the competitive landscape. Join us for our upcoming free webinar that goes deeper into our market maps and you’ll get immediate access to detailed market research data on suppliers who have the capabilities and the appetite to support your government contract requirements.
In addition to market-specific metrics, we also like to help buyers understand the diverse set of suppliers that comprise the extended reality public sector landscape. Here are nine notable suppliers that you need to be aware of.
1. Startups and emerging companies worth watching
- RobotLabs provides an innovative online learning program for classrooms and trainings, and was just awarded a contract to provide a VR classroom for the Army.
- Govred Tech specializes in building turnkey virtual reality training technology for the military, law enforcement, and first responders
- MXT Reality, a presenter at our recent AR/VR Breakthrough event in partnership with Amazon Web Services, was founded in 2013 and specializes in virtual and Augmented Reality solutions.
2. Companies that are currently making moves and closing deals
- Simigon, a VR provider for military, defense, and aerospace applications, won five contracts in 2019.
- Cole Engineering Services racked up 35 contract awards to provide its modeling and simulation products for serious gaming in 2019.
- Systems Technology, Inc took home 20 contracts in 2019 in the aerospace engineering and simulation solutions sector.
3. These “blueblood” suppliers are well established in the public sector Extended Reality marketplace
- Cubic, a large multinational corporation with multiple segments including global defense, has been on the front lines of extended reality research since 1951.
- Dynamic Animation Systems has over 23 years of VR modeling and simulation experience within the government.
- Virtual Reality Medical Center, a provider of VR simulation technologies for the healthcare, military, and education sectors, has 22 years of public sector experience.
All of these featured suppliers provide capabilities in the extended reality space, but if you’re sourcing for something specific, check out how we’ve broken down extended reality offerings in our PSF Market category, and make sure to join us for our upcoming webinar on the extended reality public sector marketplace!
Further Reading (links to relevant blogs about the market)