The UK government announced on March 18 a change in their approach to the procurement of goods and services amid the Covid-19 pandemic, with immediate effect. In order to procure goods, services and works with extreme urgency during this time of crisis when the supply chain is disrupted, the government has permitted various new actions.
- Direct award due to extreme urgency
- Direct award due to absence of competition or protection of exclusive rights
- Call off from an existing framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
- Call for competition using a standard procedure with accelerated timescales
- Extending or modifying a contract during its term
Read more on Public Sector Executive