As the country continues to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, testing remains one of the keys to mitigating the virus and reopening the economy. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has been rapidly reviewing and approving Emergency Use Authorizations (EUAs) in order to ensure adequate supply and infrastructure exists across the country.
COVID-19 testing is classified into two uses:
1. To test if someone has COVID-19. Two types of tests are currently being administered to test for this:
– High Complexity Molecular-Based Laboratory Developed Tests that use Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR). These tests are more accurate but require several days of turnaround time and processing at approved labs.
– Antigen tests, which can be done at a doctor’s office (similar to a STREP test) and can return results within 15 minutes to an hour. These are key to providing the necessary testing capacity across the economy.
2. To test if someone HAS PREVIOUSLY HAD Covid-19. SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Tests blood tests determine if someone was previously infected.
Suppliers and Products for Testing Kits Profiled on GovShop
To support buyers across government and healthcare organizations, GovShop has cataloged over 350 suppliers and is continually updating the list of products and suppliers that have been authorized by the FDA to provide the various tests noted above. Specifically, our research team along with our machine algorithms are hard at work to create and maintain multiple lists including:
– Over 300 Globally approved Covid-19 Tests
– Suppliers of Test Swabs for Testing Kits
To facilitate the selection of suppliers, GovShop has a dynamic map of the FDA-EUA authorized testing kit suppliers where users can determine whether suppliers exist within their region. As can be seen in picture below, the suppliers are spread across the United States.
FDA-EUA Most Recently Approved Testing Kits
Below are 10 of the over 70 FDA approved suppliers for testing kits. Please visit GovShop’s Testing Kits page to see the full list.
|Quidel Corporation||Sofia 2 SARS Antigen FIA – Antigen Test (FIRST ANTIGENT TEST APPROVED)
Lyra SARS-CoV-2 Assay – Molecular Test
|Biocollections Worldwide, Inc.||Biocollections Worldwide SARS-Co-V-2 Assay – Molecular Test|
|Altru Diagnostics, Inc.||Altru Dx SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR assay – Molecular Test|
|Biocerna||SARS-CoV-2 Test – Molecular Test|
|Nationwide Children’s Hospital||SARS-CoV-2 Assay – Molecular Test|
|Ultimate Dx Laboratory||UDX SARS-CoV-2 Molecular Assay – Molecular Test|
|Abbott Laboratories, Inc.||ID NOW COVID-19 – Molecular Test
SARS-CoV-2 IgG Assay – Serology Test
|Roche Diagnostics||cobas SARS-CoV-2 – Molecular Test
Elecsys Anti-SARS-CoV-2 – Serology Test
|Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.||TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit – Molecular Test|
|Qiagen||QIAstat-Dx Respiratory SARS-CoV-2 Panel – Molecular Test|
Search all COVID-19 Categories
If you are searching for suppliers that provide other COVID-19-related products, visit the Coronavirus (COVID‑19) webpage on GovShop for more information. We provide data on suppliers including:
- Vaccines and Therapeutics: The research and development of vaccines and therapeutics is critical moving forward and this section captures data on suppliers working toward a vaccine or treatments.
- Cleaning and Disinfectant Products: This section includes supplier with cleaning and disinfectant products that are critical to mitigate COVID-19.
- Ventilators: Ventilators provide respiratory assistance to patients who cannot breathe on their own or who require assistance to maintain adequate ventilation because of illness, trauma, congenital defects, or drugs (e.g., anesthetics). This section also includes critical ventilator components and additional options.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): PPE refers to protective clothing (e.g. medical gowns and/or aprons), head protection (helmets and/or caps), medical gloves, face shields, goggles, glasses, surgical masks and/or respirators or other equipment designed to protect the wearer from injury or the spread of infection or illness.
If you are a government agency or a healthcare/commercial organization, please contact our team if you would like more detailed access or would like assistance in selecting the right suppliers related to COVID-19. You can email us at email@example.com.
If you are a supplier, please claim your profile and ensure you have all the information buyers need to reach out to you or to have GovShop’s matching algorithm match you with opportunities. You can get started by visiting GovShop or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.