The cyber market is complex and fast-changing by any measure. As Public Spend Forum’s GovShop staff dug in to create a comprehensive list of cyber security suppliers relevant to government, we wanted to share a few sources and experts that we thought are worth highlighting for anyone doing market research on cyber.
Supplier Lists and Databases
- GovShop’s Government Cyber Security Directory – This list of over 800 cyber security suppliers (and growing) is specific to the public sector and includes many suppliers that have done business with U.S. governments. You can search, filter and shortlist suppliers based on your specific requirements. You can access the directory here.
- Cyber Security 500 – Touted as providing a listing of “the world’s hottest and most innovative cyber security companies to watch in 2018,” this list provides a list of 500 suppliers, not necessarily just public sector focused. You can find the list here.
- Emerging Vendors 2018 – This list provides a list of 54 cybersecurity companies that were founded in 2012 or later. You can find the list here.
Top Cyber Security Contracts
Below is a list of just a few cyber security government contracts that can be accessed by other governments. The GovShop team is continuing to compile this list so keep checking back on the GovShop cyber security page.
Contract: Highly Adaptive Cybersecurity Services (HACS)
- Agency: US GSA
- Available to: Federal, State, Local agencies
- Scope: Four different GSA Special Item Numbers (SINs) provide a set of suppliers that have been pre-qualified. Scope includes: Penetration Testing; Incident Response; Cyber crisis; Risk and Vulnerability Assessments. Learn more through GSA here.
- GovShop Supplier Directory Links:
- Cyber Hunt (Cyber Crisis)
Contract: Data Communications
- Agency: NASPO ValuePoint (Coop)
- Available to: State Governments
- Scope: Includes Data Center Applications, Network Software, Network Optimization, Optical Networking, Routers, Security, Storage Networking, Switches, Wireless, Unified Communications, and Services. Learn more through NASPO here.
GovShop Contract Directory – We are continuing to research and add more contracts to GovShop. Please visit here to see existing contract vehicles. If you would like to recommend other contracting vehicles to list, please let us know.
Top Cybersecurity Blogs and Sites
These sites bring you a wealth of research, advice and resources across all aspects of cybersecurity.
- The Hacker News – The Hacker News provides news, research, reports and blogs on all aspects of cybersecurity. It is a must read among technologists, security specialists and security community at large.
- Krebs on Security – Launched by security expert Brian Krebs, Krebs on Security covers news and research on cyber-threats, security breaches, cyber-crimerand cyber investigations.
- Schneier on Security – Led by Bruce Schneier, a well known cyber guru, his blog covers various research, cybersecurity news and essays.
- HelpNet Security – This site provides a varied perspective on cyber threats, provided by a large group of contributors with extensive expertise.