Week of May 31, 2023
Welcome back to the Critical Technologies Market Insider! In this issue, you will find:
- How well is America’s Seed Fund Supporting Critical Tech Priorities?
- Analysis, awards, and other stories on AI/ML Technology, Semiconductors, Clean Energy, and more
Tech Market Insights and Analysis
PSF In-Depth Analysis: How well is America’s Seed Fund Supporting Critical Tech Priorities?
Our deep dive into SBIR/STTR, (first of many deep dives into critical tech priorities and alignment, capital funding flows, underserved suppliers and ecosystem), is quickly coming together. Read this recent post by Raj Sharma that provides insights into SBIR/STTR trends and what else is coming up.
To get access to the report and comprehensive data behind the analysis, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Subscribe to the Critical Tech Market Insider to get important market insights on critical tech markets and to become part of our 20,000+ community
Top News Stories on Critical Technologies
U.S. Space Force and Navy Seek AI/ML Technology Solutions
The Catalyst Accelerator in Colorado Springs, supported by the Air Force Research Laboratory, seeks AI/ML solutions for Space and Maritime Applications. They aim to introduce commercial capabilities to enhance operational missions for the US Space Force and Navy using AI and ML.
Interior Wants a Fleet of Drones ‘On Call’ to Help With Wildfires, Other Emergencies
The Interior Department is seeking on-demand access to a fleet of drones across the lower 48 states for various tasks, particularly firefighting. The drones will be used for emergency response, search and rescue, and other missions.
DOE-DOT Joint Office Unveils $51M Funding Opportunity to Advance Transportation Electrification
The Joint Office of Energy and Transportation has initiated a $51 million grant program to promote electric transportation and encourage private sector investments. The Ride and Drive Electric program aim to validate charging equipment, develop electrification business models, and support underserved communities with job opportunities and training resources.
New Electric Vehicle Suitability Assessment Tool Helps Agencies Transition Fleets
The Electric Vehicle Suitability Assessment (EVSA) tool is now accessible to federal agencies through a partnership between the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) and Geotab. The tool assists fleet managers in identifying suitable electric vehicle replacements based on function and range requirements. This supports the Biden-Harris Administration’s plan to transition the federal fleet to zero-emission vehicles.
U.S. Department of Energy Announces $34 Million to Deploy Clean Energy Technologies in American Indian and Alaska Native Communities
The U.S. Department of Energy is allocating $34 million to support clean energy technology in 18 American Indian and Alaska Native communities. The funding aims to enhance energy security, resilience, and access to solar power through microgrids, benefiting tribal buildings and advancing the Biden-Harris Administration’s clean energy goals.
DOE Announces Nearly $60 Million to Advance Clean Hydrogen Technologies and Improve the Electric Power Grid
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) will provide $42 million for projects across 14 states to advance clean hydrogen technologies. Additionally, $17.8 million will establish a research consortium to support grid resilience and decarbonization efforts. These initiatives align with President Biden’s clean energy goals.
Navy establishes Rapid Response Cell to get Tech to Ukraine, Taiwan
The Navy is establishing the Maritime Accelerated Response Capability Cell to swiftly deploy maritime tools in response to urgent taskings from the Defense Department. The organization will collaborate across Navy and Marine Corps entities to identify and implement solutions for current and potential conflicts.
Customer Testimonial: Deep Tech and Market Analysis with Air Force Research Labs
WE’RE HERE TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND COMPLEX MARKETS, QUALIFY SUPPLIERS AND MANAGE SUPPLIER RISK
If you would like to put our comprehensive market, supply chain, demand and tech data on millions of suppliers and tech markets along with our expert advisory services/workshops to work for you, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can help in three ways:
- AI-Assisted Market and Supplier/Supply Chain Intelligence Reports and Data through our AI-Assisted Market Intelligence (AIMI) offering. We use our comprehensive datasets, AI-MI technology assisted by our SMEs to create a custom market report and datasets that helps you understand market and tech trends, map out the ecosystem of small business, underserved and non-traditional and incumbents; qualify suppliers and assess supplier risk; map the R&D landscape and discover the venture capital and funding network.
- Market and Supply Chain Intelligence Advisory Services – We bring our decades of strategic market intelligence and supply chain expertise along with our powerful datasets and AI to help you develop plans to strengthen your supplier base, map out multi-tier supply chains, qualify and monitor suppliers and understand supply chain risk.
- Market and Supplier Intelligence Training and Workshops – Access the best faculty and practitioners such as Dr. Rob Handfield (NC State) in the world and get your team up to speed by learning the most cutting-edge methods for market and supplier intelligence
The key questions we help you answer:
- What are the emerging technology trends in a specific market? For example, we just analyzed markets such as batteries for aircraft, polymers and elastomers for in-space repair, and mobility solutions.
- Who are the participants in the ecosystem (R&D labs, venture capital, startups, underserved)?
- Who are the small and underserved companies in the market and what track record do they have?
- Where is there risk in our supply chain and how we can best manage it?