Happy end of FY 2018, everybody! Let’s celebrate properly, with the SmallGovCon Week In Review.
In this week’s edition, we’ll discuss end-of-fiscal-year spending (appropriately enough), new FAR regulations, and government contracting officials behaving badly.
Have a great weekend!
- Federal Government may spend close to half its appropriated budget in the final fiscal quarter. [NextGov]
- GAO recommends the SBA boost staff compliance to strengthen HUBZone eligibility reviews in Puerto Rico and program-wide. [Government Accountability Office]
- Five lawsuits dismissed by Court of Federal Claims and two remain in General Service Administration’s Alliant 2 Small Business Contract. [FCW]
- DoD, GSA, and NASA issue final rule amending FAR to update instructions for registration in SAM and clarify timing of registration. [Federal Register]
- DoD issues proposed rule to amend the FAR to implement a section of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2017. [Federal Register]
- Veterans Affairs official charged taking bribes to manipulate the process for bidding on federal contracts with the VA. [U.S. Department of Justice]
This content originally published on SmallGovCon.